Arrival & Departure
- Castle Cliffe East is normally ready for occupation by 4pm. Should you wish to arrive earlier or later than this please
contact Mark or Phil.
- Checkout time is 10am. Please leave the property clean & tidy.
- Should you wish to make a booking by telephone, we will hold the accommodation available for seven days. All such provisional bookings will be deemed cancelled unless a full deposit is received within this period.
- A deposit of 30% of the full rental is payable at booking. The balance of the total rent, along with a £100-00 security deposit, is due 2 months prior to the commencement of the letting period booked (reminders are not sent out). If booking less than 2 months in advance, the total rent is payable on booking.
- Upon payment of the deposit and subject to acceptance of the booking, the applicant becomes liable for the balance of the rent for the full period of the letting.
- Non-payment of the balance of the rent payable in advance as provided above, on or before the due date shall be deemed to be a cancellation of the arrangements of the applicant.
- The deposit is fully refundable up to 2 months prior to the commencement of the holiday. The Owners regret that after this time they will be unable to refund any monies paid, unless they are able to re-let the same period. We therefore strongly recommend that a cancellation insurance policy is taken out with an independent agent.
- The Owners give all information and make all statements in good faith and use their best endeavour to check, as far as is reasonably possible, all information given to applicants. The Owners shall not however be liable for any loss or damage resulting from information given or statements made.
The number of people occupying Castle Cliffe East must not exceed 6 (children under 2 are not normally considered as members of the party).
- The Hirer undertakes to keep the premises in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the letting (reasonable wear and tear accepted) and shall report to the Owners any damage occurring during the letting. Payment for small breakages will not normally be required, but significant damage is the responsibility of the Hirer and a charge will be made for any repairs/replacements.
- The Hirer agrees:
• To be responsible for leaving the accommodation in good order and clean condition
• Not to cause nuisance or annoyance to third parties
• To allow reasonable access to the property by the Owners or their representative if it is deemed necessary
- If in the opinion of the Owners any person is not suitable to continue their occupation of the property because of unreasonable behaviour, damage or nuisance to other parties, the contract may be discharged and the Owners may repossess the property immediately. The Hirer will remain liable for the whole of the cost of hire and no refund shall be due.
- Complaints. If in the opinion of the Hirer there are grounds for complaint, it is the duty of the Hirer to take it up with the Owners or caretaker immediately and in any event before departure to allow remedial action to be taken. It is specifically agreed that failure by the Hirer to notify the Owners of any complaint within this timescale, will entitle the Owners to refuse to entertain the complaint, irrespective of its merits.
- Castle Cliffe East is used as holiday accommodation and is therefore exempt from security of tenure under the Rent Act.
- The Owners shall be under no liability for any act, neglect or default from any loss, damage, expense, accident, injury or inconvenience whether to persons or to property which the Hirer or any other persons may suffer or sustain out of any such letting.
- The Owners responsibility and financial liability shall be limited to the return of monies received in the event of the accommodation, booked in good faith, not being available owing to storm, fire or other causes beyond their control.
- Completion of the booking form and/or payment of a deposit implies acceptance of the requirements and conditions above.