Dogs at Castle Cliffe East
This is our dog Violet in the garden at Castle Cliffe East. She took part in a photo-shoot for Herefordshire Tourism aimed at encouraging people to bring their dogs to the county. This photo is on the back cover of the Herefordshire and Wye Valley Visitors Guide for 2012.
As dog lovers ourselves, we thought it was high time
we welcomed dogs to Castle Cliffe East. Walking from the house couldn’t be easier. For those early morning walks, cross the Green and Victoria footbridge to walk your dog in Bishop’s Meadow and King George’s playing fields. Alternatively, carry along the riverbank and into Bartonsham fields where rural Herefordshire meets the city. Bartonsham fields is a working dairy where many local people walk their dogs along the river. You will often see buzzards and sometimes herons and kingfishers, but you will also see cows, so make sure your dog is under your control at all times.You can also access the Wye Valley Walk from the house, taking extended walks downstream to Hampton Bishop and The Bunch of Carrots pub and the village of Mordiford beyond. Going upstream you quickly leave the city behind, walking between the river and farmland as you head for Brienton. And of course there are the many walks and trails and climbs of the Brecon Beacons, the Malverns, the Black Mountains and Offa’s Dyke Path.
We do ask that you let us know in advance if you intend to bring your dog. We will charge a fee of £20-00 and would expect you to meet the following conditions:
- You do not let your dog get onto any of the furniture.
- You do not leave your dog unattended in the property.
- Treatments for fleas, ticks and worms are up-to-date.
- You clean up after your dog in the garden and the surrounding parks.
- We should be notified of any accidents or damage as soon as possible so that we can take remedial action before our next guests arrive.
- Payment for small breakages will not normally be required, but significant damage is the responsibility of the Hirer and a charge will be made for any repairs or replacements, or any cleaning that requires a professional.
Photo of Violet taken by Richard Weaver