Our self catering cottage is a Grade II listed property. Originally built in the 13th century with subsequent alterations in the 17th and 18th centuries. Access is to the front of the property. We have tried to provide as much information as possible in this statement, if you have any queries please do call. We look forward to welcoming you.
- We have a basic website and are also listed at cottageguide.co.uk; holiday-rentals.co.uk; special-escapes.co.uk; and cottagesdirect.co.uk. We are also listed in the Tourist Board’s publication “Herefordshire and The Wye Valley Guide” which is available from Tourist Information Centres.
- Booking enquiries can be made via email or phone, or by weblink via any of our on-line adverts. Bookings can be made on-line through our advert on cottagesdirect.co.uk.
- The nearest bus stop is in St. Peter’s Square which is 300 metres from the house.
- The nearest train station is Hereford Station which is 965 metres away; there are accessible taxis at the station. Buses run from the station to St. Peter’s Square.
- We can arrange for shopping to be delivered or you can arrange supermarket deliveries to be made to the house.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Luggage has to be unloaded in the parking area or at the end of Quay Street, both of which are 15 mteres from the house.
- We have a parking area which has space for two cars. The surface is even but slopes slightly. This is located at the end of the house, 15 metres from the front door.
- The main entrance is at the front of the house, 15 metres from the parking area, up a sloping public footpath and through the garden gate which is 95cm wide. It is then 5 metres to the front door, up a 2 metre slope and across an uneven area of gravel and paving slabs. The front door is 89cm wide and has two steps. Both are 90cm wide. The first step is 6cm high and 54 am deep. The second step is 11cm high and 28cm deep. The front door has a yale and a mortice lock, both of which are 150cm from the ground.
- Access to the rear of the house is through the garden gate in the parking area. The gate is 90cm wide and has a code we can provide you with. You then have to cross the lawn 15 metres to the back door which has to be opened by someone from the inside. There are 5 steps of various dimensions up to the back door. The maximum height of any step is 21cm. The minimum depth of any step is 23cm. They are all 70cm wide. There is no hand-rail. There a further 12 steps to the kitchen door, which also needs to be unlocked from the inside. The first 7 steps are 81cm wide, 19cm high, 24cm deep and lead to a triangular landing 110cm wide and 52cm deep. There is a hand-rail on the left up to this point. The next 5 steps are 81cm wide, 19cm high, 25cm deep and there is no hand-rail.
Main Entrance & Ground Floor Accommodation
- The front door is 89cm wide and has two steps. Both are 90cm wide. The first step is 6cm high and 54 am deep. The second step is 11cm high and 28cm deep. The front door opens inward and is hinged on the left.
- The front door opens onto a hallway 10 metres in length and 85cm wide at its narrowest point.
- The living room door opens off ofthe hallway. It is 78cm wide, hinged on the right and opens into the living room.
- The flooring consists of an antique Axminster rug laid on Victorian fllorboards.
- There is a 3-seater sofa, 2 armchairs, a chaise-longe. Most of the furniture is antique and may well be stuffed with horse-har or other natural fibres. Cushions are feather-filled.
- There is a coffee table which is 106cm wide, 79cm long and 38cm high. Minumun circulation space around the coffee table is 70cm, and it can be moved to provide free space of 250cm by 250cm.
- The door is 78cm wide, hinged on the left and opens into the room leaving minimal free space and none either side of the toilet, which is set into an alcove.
- The height of the toilet is 46cm. The height of the sink is 81cm and has twist-handle taps.
- The door is 78cm wide, hinged on the right and opens into the room. When the door is open the maximum free space in the room is 175cm by 375cm.
- The kitchen table is 105cm by 150cm. It is 80cm high with an underspace of 63cm. It has 6 chairs. Free space between the table and kitchen units is 130cm, and 175cm between the table and the fridge. On the other two sides of the table the free space is 65cm. The table and chairs are moveable.
- The oven has a gas hob which is 92cm high. The oven door opens outward and is hinged on the left. The grill is 130cm high.
- Kitchen units are 93cm high. The sink is 90cm hich and has no underspace. The taps are 115cm high and have twist-grip handles.
- There is a washing-machine and a dish-washer and a larder-type fridge-freezer which has the freezer section underneath and the fridge section on top. The highest shelf in the freezer is a pull-out drawer which is 73cm from the gound. The lowest shelf in the fridge is 102cm and sits above two salad crispers.
- Flooring is wooden original floorboards.
- Lighting is good and even.
- Access to the garden is through a door 77cm wide, which is hinged on the left and opens inward into the kitchen. This leads to 5 steps going down to a landing. The steps are 25cm deep, 19.5cm high and 81cm wide. There is no hand-rail. The landing is triangular. It is 110cm wide and 52cm deep and its narrowest point. It has a hand-rail on the right. This gives onto a further 7 steps which are 24cm deep, 81cm wide and 19cm high, and which have a hand-rail on the right. At the foot of these stairs there are recycling bins, coal and some stored garden furniture. Maximum free space in this area is 100cm by 150cm. The back door is 67cm wide, hinged on the right and opens inward into the room. It opens onto 5 more steps leading down to the garden. These are very old stone steps, a little uneven and varying in dimensions. All of the steps are 83cm wide. The maximum height of any step is 21cm. The minimum depth of any step is 23cm.
- The door is 75cm wide, hinged on the right and opens into the bathroom.
- There is a corner shower unit with a grab rail and shower curtain. There is a step up to the shower which is 90cm wide, 30cm deep and 15cm high. The shower unit rim is 10cm high.
- The sink is 83cm high and has twist-grip handles.
- The bath is a Victorian roll-top which is 61cm high. There is a space of 45cm to both left and right of it and 100cm between the head of the bath and the sink. The foot of the bath is against the wall. It has taps with twist-grip handles.
- There is a non-slip mat which can be used in the bath and the shower.
- The maximum amount of free space available in the bathroom with the door open is 100cm by 150cm.
Stairs to First Floor
- There are 18 stairs leading from the ground floor hallway to the first floor landing with a right-angled turn halfway up comprising of 3 triangular stairs.
- The stairs are carpeted and are 92cm wide, 18cm high and 23cm deep. There are hand-rails on both sides all the way up the stairs.
First Floor Accommodation
- The landing is 88cm by 240cm with 4 doors which open off it.
- The toilet is very small. The door is 75cm wide, hinged on the left and opens inwards into the toilet leaving practically no free space at all.
- The toilet is 45cm high.
- The sink is 85cm high and has taps with twist-grip handles.
- The door is 75cm wide, hinged on the right and opens inward into the bedroom.
- The flooring consists of an antique wool rug laid on Victorin floorboards.
- With the door open the maximum free space in the room is 225cm by 155cm.
- The bed is 62cm high, 128cm wide and 192cm long, and can be moved quite easily.
- The minimum width of space surrounding the bed is 90cm.
- The door is 76cm wide, hinged on the left and opens inward into the bedroom.
- The maximum free space available in the room with the door open is 130cm by 240cm.
- The flooring is a large seagrass mat, with sheepskin rugs, laid on Victorian floorboards.
- The bed is 74cm high, 165cm wide, 205cm long and it cannot be moved.
- The minimum width of space surrounding the bed is 110cm.
- The door is 73cm wide, hinged on the left and opens inward into the room.
- The maximum free space avaialble in the room with the door open is 135cm by 165cm.
- Both beds are 57cm high, 90cm wide, 195cm long and can be moved.
- One bed lies lengthways against the wall. There is a gap between this bed and the other bed of 35cm.
- The gap between the second bed and the other wall is 80cm.
- The flooring is fitted, wool carpet.
- Non Feather duvets are available on request.
- Sheets, duvet covers and pillow cases are poly-cotton.
- Towels are cotton.
- Door-knobs throughout the house are either brass, ceramic or wood and they are all round handles.
- Mobile phone reception in the house varies from one network to another. From experience we can say that Vodafone and 02 generally have good reception. Orange has poor reception which comes and goes. We cannot comment on the quality of reception of other networks.
Grounds and Gardens
- Large riverside garden with lawns on 2 levels and a riverside terrace.
- Access to the top lawn is via the steps from the kitchen, or through the garden gate in the parking area.
- Access to the riverside terrace is down the garden steps. There are 11 steps in total. These are stone steps with a slightly uneven surface which can be slippery when wet. They are of varying dimensions. Maximum height is 21cm. Minimum depth is 38cm. They are all 80cm wide. The sloping lawn runs down one side of them, and a flower bed runs down the other side.
- Access to the lower lawn is either down the grassy bank or from halfway down the garden steps.
- The path on the upper lawn and the riverside terrace are old stone slabs with a slightly uneven surface.
- The railing along the riverside terrace is 69cm high.
- At its narrowest point the riverside terrace is 50cm wide. At its widest point it provides free space of 350cm by 250cm.
- Various items of garden furniture including chairs, table, benches and barbecue can be moved by guests or by ourselves upon request.
- Steps lead down to the river from the riverside terrace at the far end of the garden. There is a hand-rail down one side. They should only be used by children under supervision of an adult.
- Address: Castle Cliffe West, 14 Quay Street, Hereford, HR1 2NH.
- Telephone: 01432 272096
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.castlecliffe.net
- Hours of operation: Phones – 8.30am – 9.00pm
- Local carers:
- The Kemble Carers 01432 352443
- Local equipment hire companies:
- T.P.G DisableAids: 01432 351666;
- Hereford Mobility Centre: 01432 508070;
- Three Counties Mobility: 01989 563871
- Local public transport numbers:
- Bus 0871 2002233;
- Train 0845 6061660
- Local accessible taxi numbers:
- Blue Line Taxis 01432 343435;
- High Town Taxis 01432 354321
- Local Tourist Information Centre: TIC 01432 268430
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you have any comments please phone 01432 272096 or email firstname.lastname@example.org